Tuesday, October 26, 2010

And it starts...

I needed some outlet for my thoughts without bombarding others with random text messages all the time. So here goes...
I've given up on Myspace. I loved it for the music and the blogging. I looked up band tour dates, had fun designing my page like a pro, and then wrote about whatever was on my mind. Now finding out about what "friends" are up to by loading graphic-filled pages is waaay too much work. Facebook adapted to the needs of the people and adopted a new format in recent years. 
Facebook's "news feed" lets you know what has changed on your friend's pages and what they are up to....isn't that why you clicked around on people's myspace pages originally? Yeah...we are all nosy, gossipy people and fb fulfills this desire. If people didn't have the urge to discover something new aka be 'nosy' then explorers and drug dealers wouldn't exist right? ;)
Interesting how much information you can learn about someone from reading their profile pages and yet others don't care to share. This leaves me wondering if a person isn't posting information because of security or professionalism...OR..is there just not that much worth sharing? I guess you never know unless you ask. And is someone really going to say, "I saw your 'just ask' on your facebook page and I was wondering..."?! Probably not.
Anyway...this is my blog spot from now on. I wish I could archive all those typing hours of brilliance and self-awareness from myspace (and a few in facebook notes) into this, but alas, I'm doing well just kicking this into gear.
 (Thanks to Audreya and Ladonna for inspiring me to do this!)

In my own way/shape/form I hope to come up with blogs worth reading.
I guess this way you don't have to tell me to be quiet or ignore me politely...just click the "x".

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love being part of your blog inspiration!! And I agree fully with the MySpace / Facebook / stalking and nosiness.

    If I can give you one piece of unsolicited blogging advice - check out adding Disqus comments. A lot of folks grumble at Blogger's comment format. Disqus is easy for you to moderate (if you want), has a handy reply feature, and doesn't require word verification but I've had no spam. (Knock on wood). And no, they didn't pay me to say this. :-)

    Welcome (back) to the blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete